CAD Technician – construction industry
Full Time, permanent
CAD Designer required for an established Yorkshire-based construction company. You will be joining a small but expanding team producing a specialist timber building system, working on a range of bespoke projects (mainly residential), where the emphasis is very much geared toward energy efficiency as well as saving time and money.
Working within a small team, you will be involved in designing for residential projects (self-build, developers and social housing) as well as some commercial (leisure, health, education, office accommodation).
Your role will include:
- Taking client drawings to convert into preliminary designs for manufacture
- Liaising with your sales and technical colleagues
- Working with your client to before submitting final drawings to our factory for the manufacturing process.
- Responding to site queries as required
- As part of a small team, you will be taking on a range of other tasks as required
We are looking to speak to you if you have:
- Strong experience in designing for the construction industry (if this includes timber frame, SIPS, engineered wood products such as roof trusses or floor joists this would be of particular interest)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 3D and/or design software such as hsbCAD, would be of particular interest
- Willing to fit in with a small team and be flexible regarding the demands of the job
- Confident communication skills to deal with customers, site staff, architects etc
- Commercial awareness to consider needs of the client and the projects
- Creative approach
- Able to liaise with clients, architects, engineers and your colleagues with confidence and knowledge
This is a growing company, and as the right candidate you will be able to play a significant role in this growth. There is some flexibility which can be shown regarding the package, working hours etc to recognise the flexibility that you will need to show as a member of this close-knit team.
Does this look like the right role and do you fit the above profile? If so please apply today or call Sue Eustace for further information. This company have demonstrated that they respond quickly to any suitable candidates and we should be able to arrange interviews to suit.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
This employer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
key skills: CAD, Designer, Technician, building, residential, timber frame, timber engineering, SIPS, AutoCAD, hsbCAD,