Roof Truss Designer
£25,000-£45,000 (depending on experience)
Full time, permanent
- Well established company within timber frame and timber engineering industry
- Professional and quality-driven
- Good range of projects: commercial and residential
- Real personal and professional development
Roof Truss Designer required, with solid residential construction design experience by a well-established supplier and manufacturer of timber engineering and timber frame with a strong turnover.
This is a professional set up; they do the difficult things well, and they value their people and customers highly and treat both very well. As Roof Truss Designer you will be working on some interesting projects ranging from residential to commercial builds, including high-rise student accommodation and council buildings; all traditional timber frame but using new techniques such as Glulam and CLT. They aren’t the biggest, though well set up to provide a quality products and service, and they have sensible plans for profitable growth.
Your role will give you involvement in all parts of the process, from the pre-sales estimating and design, through to preparing detailed drawings for manufacture of timber roof trusses and floor joists, ensuring a smooth handover during site installation (attending site visits, liaising with site manager, managing and planning project resources)
If you are seeking a solid opportunity with a great company, take a look at this one. Personal and professional development will be available for you to continuously develop.
Is this you?
- Educated to HNC level or above in Architectural Technology, Design for Construction, Steel or Concrete Detailing or similar
- Good working knowledge of roof truss design, accustomed to working with complex roof designs
- Motivated and driven but able to remain calm under pressure
- You enjoy detail, producing work to a high degree of accuracy whilst remaining conscious of deadlines
- Good appreciation of the production process, ensuring each design has “buildability”
You can expect to be enjoying a good team atmosphere, working hard but having fun. There is some flexibility for hybrid working, with two days in the office.
Interested? Please apply today or call Sue Eustace if you would like to discuss this role in confidence.
Key skills: Designer, Design Technician, Design Engineer, roof truss, joist, engineered wood products, Mitek, Wolf, hsbCAD, Consultec