Full Time Permanent
The Production Manager is responsible for the efficient and delivery of projects by planning and adjusting the production schedule to optimise factory utilisation and completion of projects on time. The Production Manager will be responsible for ensuring staff are equipped with the skills and knowledge to make the product seeking ways to make and assemble within budget
- Take overall responsibility for the achievement of manufacturing targets across the business (laser, folding, fabrication, welding, assembly and paint)
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of manufacturing ensuring quality production is at optimum level.
- Interpret drawings to understand complexities, decide how the project will be made, timescale for production and subsequent assembly. Escalating concerns that delivery times will not be met and also requesting support from Technical on interpretation of drawings as required.
- Plan the production schedule to optimise production whilst ensuring delivery dates are hit, adjusting the schedule as necessary, recording changes and communicating concerns on delivery to the Operations team to ensure customers receive continual communication on delivery dates
- Use the systems in place making sure information is up to date and relevant at all times for the management of the business
- Manage and plan staffing to ensure delivery dates can be achieved, to include recruitment, review of performance with identification and subsequent organising of training to ensure cross functional skills at the highest possible level.
- Ensure manufacturing performance and quality goals are met in accordance with Instruction from Technical.
- Collate and analyse data, putting together production reports as required
- Manage the production job costs for individuals projects to ensure that the product is delivered to agreed costs, quality and timelines whilst continuing the Introduction of lean manufacture
- Set department objectives in line with company goals and monitor ongoing progress and performance.
Skills and Experience
- knowledge and experience of fabrication, welding and manufacturing processes and techniques
- People management experience
- Detailed knowledge of interpreting manufacturing drawings
- Strong demonstrable planning and organisational skills
- Results driven
- Ability to make decisions
- Team player
- Microsoft office knowledge, ERP systems
- Experience in Lean Manufacture and 5S management
Whats in it for you?
- * Salary is up to £50k
- * Holiday is 23 days plus bank holidays 3 days to be used for Christmas / new year shutdown/
- * Bonus scheme
Interested? click apply or for further information contact Paul for a confidential discussion.
Diversity Equality & Inclusion:
This employer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.