We have been celebrating achieving Platinum Investors in People and discovering new talents! Our Platinum accreditation report included the comment:
“Your engagement and empowerment of people has developed organically. You enable people to bring out their natural talents and ambition and support them to be the very best, whatever that may be.”
Getting together to make Spanish tapas was a fantastic opportunity for us to discover new talents, bond and connect while learning some new culinary skills.
We split into teams of two and were given ten (yes ten!) tapas dishes to cook from scratch in only two hours. Recipes included olive bread, paella, meatballs, crème Catalan , tortilla and many others.
We did it! After two frantic hours, we were able to relax together and enjoy the fruits of our labour with a few drinks and a great sense of achievement!
We must give a BIG shout out to Cooking-it Team in Bristol. Especially Jake who was on hand to offer support, enthusiasm, guidance as well as the difficult job of judging each group.
The 5 ways to wellbeing
Our event was made even more special in that it was designed with the Five Ways to Wellbeing in mind. We focused on incorporating the following elements into our team building activity:
- Connect. We were able to connect with each other and build stronger relationships through the shared experience of cooking and trying new foods.
- Be active. Cooking can be a physical activity that engages our bodies and minds. It allowed us to be present and fully engaged in the moment.
- Take notice. By paying attention to the flavours, aromas, and textures of the food we were making, we were practicing mindfulness and being present in the moment.
- Keep learning. We all learned some new cooking skills and techniques. These can be applied not only in the kitchen but also in other areas of our lives.
- Give. We were able to give back to our team by sharing our time and skills with each other. This ultimately strengthens our team and makes us better equipped to serve our clients and candidates.
Feedback from the team has been really positive. Associate Director, Graham said “It’s the best work event I’ve ever been to!”
Our team would recommend getting in touch with Monica and the Cooking-it Team. If you’re looking for a work event that’s a little different. Cooking It – Cookery School in Bristol – Learn to cook authentic tapas & traditional Spanish dishes.