Roof Truss Design Manager
West Midlands hybrid office/home working
£40-50,000 depending on experience – flexible to attract+ car allowance
- Are you an experienced Roof Truss Design Manager or Senior Designer?
- Have you found you enjoy getting into the design software?
- Do you have good account management skills?
- Are you ready to explore a new direction for your experience?
We are looking for an experienced Roof Truss Design Manager Joist Design Manager, Timber Frame Design Manager or Design Manager with good software knowledge, confident in your ability to work with your customers as Account Manager to help with issues, training and other customer support tasks.
This will be field- based job, so your ability to be away from home is essential.
You will be joining a growing team providing technical support to a wide customer base within the UK and Ireland, working for a highly respected supplier to the Timber Engineering industry, with responsibilities as follows:
- Account Managing your customers, assisting them in software issues, configurations, setup and training
- Ensuring the CRM system is updated and maintained
- Working closely with your colleagues in Technical Support and Design to ensure service levels met
- Updating and maintaining bespoke customer software configurations
- Liaising with remote overseas services team in Vietnam
- Communicating customer requirements for software fixes/enhancements to Technical Development team
- Assisting with software testing for new software releases
- Providing support to your customers, both on site and by phone/video
- Working on specific customer projects
- Experienced Senior Designer / Design Technician or Design Manager from the roof truss, joist or timber frame manufacturing industry
- Possing proven account management skills and experience
- Keen to acquire new skills and develop your career
- Able to embrace change and display adaptability
- Possessing a good working knowledge of Microsoft software packages and CAD software
- Good communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong on prioritising your own workload
- Highly organised and with a strong attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Collaborative and able to work as part of a team
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Able to travel throughout UK and Ireland
You will be joining a highly successful and ambitious global organisation, where the staff retention is exceptional – people genuinely love working here! You will be encouraged to develop your career, so this is an excellent opportunity to pursue your own ambitions.
- 25 days annual leave + national holidays
- Stakeholder pension scheme, matching up to 7% of employee contribution
- Car allowance to the value of c£500 per month + mileage (currently under review and likely to be increased)
- Hybrid working
Diversity Equity & Inclusion:
This company is clear in their commitment to DEI: they believe it is essential to their success, looking to create diverse teams at all levels, transforming the communities both in and outside of the workplace. Further information can be provided on request.
Please select APPLY option or call Sue Eustace or Jody Biss to discuss this role.
Key skills: roof truss, joist, timber frame, timber engineering, design manager, technical manager, senior designer, senior technician, mitek, wolf, hsbCAD, gangnail, ITW