Technical Manager required for a global leader of Chemicals/ Coatings and Treatment to the Timber Industry with manufacturing facilities in Europe and the UK.
As a Technical Manager this role will be customer focused, regular visits to clients, advise on solutions, troubleshoot, conduct tests and trials, analytical work, support quality schemes.
In a day/week/month/year, you will:
- Manage and work in the UK laboratory when required while working with colleagues based in Europe.
- Oversee customer quality programs including solution and analysis, to provide supportive feedback to the Team.
- Conduct trials of new products in pilot plant facilities.
- Plan and lead scale ups and conversions on customers sites.
- Provide technical expertise for customers and sales teams when required
- Carry out physical, chemical, and analytical testing
- Represent the company at various industry associations, events and committees.
This is a great time to join a growing business, Open to salary discussions circa £55k plus company car, pension, 25days hol plus BH
Experience working in an analytical laboratory.
- Detailed understanding of analytical chemistry – a sound understanding of organic/inorganic chemistry and process chemistry.
- High attention to detail and experience in data analysis and interpretation of results.
- The ability to work collaboratively to solve demanding problems and introduce new ideas and initiatives.
- Good understanding and appreciation of quality management systems, quality risk assessments and the safe storage and handling of chemicals (e.g. COSHH regulations).
- Be comfortable and competent in front of customers with a commercial appreciation.
- Be prepared to travel and spend nights away as necessary.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- University degree, or equivalent, in Chemistry or related scientific discipline.
Please reply with a CV to Craig Nicholls
This employer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.