Stores Manager – manufacturing
Full time, permanent
Stores Manager sought to play a key role in the manufacturing operation of this specialist supplier to the construction/housing industry.
You will be the conduit between the factory and the Buying team, ensuring all components are held in stock ready for putting out into the line. You will be responsible for ensuring that stock is ordered in good time, putting together packs to get out onto the shop floor. There is a technical element to this role, where you will need to be able to read technical drawings and use the inventory control system. As this is still a company in transition, you will need to demonstrate your ability to take a flexible and agile approach to your working day, assisting with production if necessary.
You will need to get involved in setting up stock control systems which will meet business needs, assessing the current setup and control systems and updating/improving as necessary.
Moving forward, you will then have a responsibility to keep these systems maintained, and your day to day responsibilities will also include:
- Getting involved with supplier selection and ordering to maintain stock levels
- Managing the goods-inward process
- Taking responsibility for quality of your work
- Recognising where you can minimise wastage
- Able to interpret plans and written instructions
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Holding a current counterbalance FLT license (B1 Counterbalance)
- Experienced working in a manufacturing stores environment
- Able to use a variety of hand tools, air pressure tools, various saws, drills and pneumatic equipment safely
- Familiar with MS Office
If you’re a Stores Manager from the manufacturing industry (experience in manufacturing for construction would be particularly of interest) and you meet the above criteria, we would be very pleased to hear from you. Please apply today or call Paul Blackwell or Sue Eustace for further information.
You will be working for a real innovator, who promote collaborative working practices. Full time salaried position with 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays.
Key skills: Stores Manager, manufacturing, stock analysis, materials management, planning.