Factory Manager required for an Offsite Construction business in the West Midlands.
This is a hands on role, someone with a Manufacturing / Production background, Understands the MMC / Offsite Construction sector, knows how the build process works for Light Steel Framed Homes.
The Factory Manager will report to the Directors, be responsible for the (approx.) 40k SQ FT factory, oversee the Production, Design activities, staff management, machinery and equipment, logistics, raw materials, leading a team with a focus on getting it right first time.
- Manage Production to deliver the required output to agreed TAKT time.
- Develop an annual and 3 year operating plan.
- Take a lead role in ensuring that all aspects of the factory operations are managed to the HSE system and be a role model in all aspects of safety and quality.
- Provide performance KPI’S to track and report progress against annual targets.
- Create the team leader structure to cover all production zones with a ratio of leaders and operatives.
- Deliver a disciplined and positive working environment across the shop floor.
- Identify training needs and build an effective labour team with a mix of manufacturing and build techniques.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for:
- Six Sigma or Lean Qualification
- 5 plus years as a Production / Factory Manager
- Working in a Low Volume / Lean Manufacturing environment
- Timber Frame / Steel Frames or Construction knowledge would be a bonus
You will be well rewarded in this role, able to command a good salary, strong team ethic, and with long term future plans for expansion with a view to moving into a larger Manufacturing facility, this position will natural grow as the business grows.
Please call Paul Blackwell – ARV Solutions 07375 508177