£30-40k + 25 days holiday plus bank holidays + life insurance + tonnes of other benefits!
Provide a turnkey design service during the pre and post contract of a wide variety of construction projects within the education, healthcare, residential, retail and commercial sectors, delivered using the latest offsite, modern methods of construction.
- Assist the Project Team, to eliminate foreseeable health and safety risks and exploit opportunities to improve safety, quality, time and cost.
- Support Head of Design and the Project Design Manager in formal appointment of design consultants, ensuring design responsibilities are fully aligned with project objectives.
- Assist on pre-construction activities and tender opportunities to control and interrogate the activities of external design consultants.
- Prepare technical responses for inclusion in PQQ and tender submissions with the Project Design Manager.
- Assist the coordination of the design process through various RIBA design stages.
- Provide collaborative approach with the internal detail design team through all RIBA Stages providing expert technical advice and maintaining consistent link to the end users, clients and statutory bodies.
- Understand the responsibilities of the Lead Designer, Principal Designer and Principal Contractor as defined in the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Assist the Project Design Manager to produce, manage and review design programme in accordance with the master programme, identifying design risk in relation to procurement, sub-contractor selection/scope and Employer’s Requirements & documentation.
- Identify and manage risks identifying design solutions to eliminate, reduce or control risks during the construction and final operation of the building.
- Demonstrable experience in design management of construction projects £3million+.
- Excellent technical working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit is an absolute necessity.
- Must be from a specific consultancy base such as: Structural/Civil or Architectural background.
- Experience of design and build contracts with specific knowledge of education, healthcare, residential and commercial buildings.
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Expert knowledge of Building Regulations, Building Bulletins and Health Technical Memorandums.
- Working knowledge of working with BREEAM
- Knowledge of design and design interrogation software such as Navisworks for example.
- Experience wwithin Offsite and Modern Methods of Construction is essential, but training will be provided.
Interested? Click Apply or Call Paul on 01179592008 for a confidential discussion.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion
This business, respects and values differences and are passionate about their people, their customers and the planet. They nurture an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. They are committed to building a culture that brings together the very best of their people and their unique skills, experiences, abilities and where they can flourish.
In joining the team, you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that is helping to innovate and play a part in building a better future and creating value for our customers, our people, society and the planet.