Construction Quality Engineer
East Midlands/South Yorkshire
Full time, permanent
No more bad weather – use your construction skills in an indoor setting | Large Tier 1 projects | Good benefits package
We seek a Quality Inspector for our client who is one of the major players within a growing sector of the construction industry, and who are already established with a high quality, cost effective product range. They work across a variety of sectors, with a range of uses for its buildings. This role comes with a good benefits package and there are good prospects for career development.
This role is primarily concerned with managing the quality of the workload of subcontractors, preparing Inspection Test Plans, carrying out critical checks and monitoring KPIs. As there are high value projects for public sector and commercial clients, quality is a key factor here.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- At least 5 years in a Project Manager or Site Manager role for a Tier 1 Principal Contractor
- Experience in reading and interpreting construction drawings
- Managed the activities of construction sub-contractors
- Drive and enthusiasm, willing to adapt and learn
- Strong attention to detail and good communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and with good time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong IT skills, able to use Microsoft Office
- A stable record in permanent employment
- (fitout and/or bench joinery background may be considered)
**PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE ALL THE ABOVE TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION**
If you have this experience and skill set and want to move from a site-based to largely internal environment, this could be the job for you. You may currently be a Project Manager, Site Manager, Assistant Project Manager or Assistant Site Manager looking for your next role, and this will give you the chance to work for one of the most established companies in this sector, offering good training and development prospects.
Interviews will be taking place in January with a view to appointment in March 2021, so apply today or call Sue Eustace for further information.
Key skills: quality, site manager, project manager, tier 1,