Construction Buyer required for a modular manufacturer of residential homes in the Midlands.
Due to company growth with a number of framework agreements in place they are now expanding their operation and the buyer will be instrumental to this growth.
Buyer required to create national and regional supply chain relationships identified through Quality, Cost, Delivery (QCD) drivers ensuring a Just in Time (JIT) programme of delivery to meet a 24-hour working operation for both in house and on-site activities.
* Ability to read, understand and abstract technical information from drawings and specifications to procure materials and services.
* Liaising with key company employees to determine their product and service needs.
* Raising thorough material order inquiries for tender and material purchases.
* Collate quotes, analyze & negotiate with suppliers for fixed annual pricing in order to maximize company returns.
* Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
* Input schedules and orders onto inventory and purchasing software.
* Produce and issue schedule purchase orders in line with construction programming.
* Identify and research potential new suppliers.
* Research new products and services to meet the company’s goals.
* Assess and produce reports on total project purchases against set budgets.
* Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods while maintaining stock levels.
* Strong negotiation and communication skills.
* Strong understanding of construction, engineering & civil processes.
* Ability to work under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines are met.
* Experience with Word and Excel software
* Comfortable in a fast-paced Commercial environment
Experience within construction procurement is essential
Please contact Craig Nicholls on 07904 487 849 and email your CV to email@example.com quoting ARV4577