Branch Manager, Production/Operations biased – engineered timber
to £47,000 (flexible) + car + benefits
Full time, permanent
We are retained by a growing company, part of a National Timber Group who seeks a Branch Manager to run the manufacturing and commercial aspects of their timber engineering operation. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your experience and knowledge as they move to a new facility in an easily accessible location, close to motorway links.
As Branch Manager you will be reporting directly to the Southern Director and have complete responsibility for the smooth running of the timber engineering part of this new site. This will encompass:
- Full commercial and P&L responsibility, budgets and measuring performance (currently £5 million turnover)
- Compliance with quality, health & safety and environmental standards and Chain of Custody
- Managing the customer liaison, taking responsibility for key accounts, chairing customer meetings, managing events
- Ultimate management responsibility for the staff in your team (around 30 in total)
- Responsibility for the accurate keeping of records, reporting to senior management and using the systems to process orders and track performance
- Managed the production / manufacture of construction components (ideally engineered timber)
- A good commercial awareness, able to manage the wider aspects eg sales, marketing, profit & loss
- Proven management skills, able to motivate, lead and develop your team
- A real enthusiasm to set up and run a manufacturing facility from its early inception
Although this is for a start date of 1st June, the factory will begin its fitout in April. Should you be available to start in April you will be able to influence the layout of the factory and supervise the installation of the machinery and equipment. Full funding will be given to qualify for your Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
As Branch Manager you will be part of a highly motivated and professional team, who are some of the best in the industry. This company recognises the importance of investing in both its infrastructure and its people, providing opportunities for development. Benefits include car and pension.
Please apply today or call Sue Eustace for further information.
Initial shortlisting will be carried out by phone, followed up with a video interview using the ARView platform. Shortlisted candidates’ video and CV then forwarded to the client for first interviews via TEAMS with second interviews in person following COVID secure guidelines.
Key skills: Production Manager, Branch Manager, Operations Manager, timber engineering, roof trusses, joists, engineered timber